Major Stove/ Chimney Cleaning Day...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

WES999

Minister of Fire
Jan 12, 2008
Mass north of Boston
Yesterday I gave the stove a good cleaning, I removed the stove pipe and put the stove on a hand_truck and wheeled outside, ( not too difficult when you have a small stove) I used some 7' ramps to go down the stairs.

I removed all the fire brick and wire brushed the inside, vacuumed out all of the ash and used compressed air to blow out all the air passages. Looks almost like new. :coolsmile:

I went up on the roof and gave the chimney a good sweeping. Didn't get much maybe a cup of fluffy powder. While I was up there I also swept the chimney for the basement Fisher stove.

I am ready burn!

Attachments

• Picture 008.jpg
    Picture 008.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 168
  • Picture 007.jpg
    Picture 007.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 172
  • Picture 006.jpg
    Picture 006.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 174
  • Picture 009.jpg
    Picture 009.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 155
That makes it pretty nice if you can take the stove right outside. It surely makes it easier to get at everything. Sounds like you are doing just fine.

Looks almost as good as new. Nice clean burning there. How did the Fisher flue check out?

Status
Not open for further replies.