make way ,make way ....new guy here

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

atvalaska

Jul 22, 2014
nenana
let me belly up to the stove... ....I'm here to learn some'tin ! ... doing a new install of a outdoor boiler ...and a propane gas fireplace :) (OMG! ).... no more indoor fireplace/stoves for me and the Re-Animated bugs that come with them lol !

let me belly up to the stove... ....I'm here to learn some'tin ! ... doing a new install of a outdoor boiler ...and a propane gas fireplace :) (OMG! ).... no more indoor fireplace/stoves for me and the Re-Animated bugs that come with them lol !

Welcome to Hearth. No pictures - it didn't happen--- so what did you buy?

aqua therm 275 coal one (I have plenty of wood.... and coal at 65$ a ton 70 miles south) ....I helped a buddy install a AQ-THerm boiler in 1994 and it has worked great since > ( running it mid sept to 1st of may every year)...sold me on'em it did !

Attachments

• IMG_0891.JPG
    IMG_0891.JPG
    362.4 KB · Views: 140
Reactions: hobbyheater
aqua therm 275 coal one (I have plenty of wood.... and coal at 65$ a ton 70 miles south) ....I helped a buddy install a AQ-THerm boiler in 1994 and it has worked great since > ( running it mid sept to 1st of may every year)...sold me on'em it did !
I am cuurently in the process of moving my econoburn boiler to a dedicated outdoor shed with storage, and will soon be trenching to the house to run pipe and electric. Looks like in the photo that you are running insulated pex and electric line inside a 6 " or 8" corrugated drain pipe. Is this correct? I was thinking of doing the same for ease of maintenance should I ever need to replace the pex down the road. Would be a lot easier than digging up the yard . thanks Bruce

yup that's what I did ...but not that a guy could replace the thermo pipe by sliding it in and out from the ends... ...I put it in the corrugated drain pipe to allow for some expansion and contraction in my rocky soil = cheap insurance

Reactions: flyingcow
Welcome to Hearth! Did ya get sick of 24 hour Campfire ????

na, good times over their..... (when the site ain't scripting an slowing down my pc -lol) oh oh ! ...I've been found !! :) By the way I grew up 60 miles west of the twin city's (mn)...and yea I seen ya on the fire to ........

Status
Not open for further replies.