Make your own Pellet Stove Vacuum Hose?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dac122

Feeling the Heat
Dec 11, 2007
Upstate NY
Has anyone made their own Pellet Stove Vacuum hose to clean the ash from all those tough spots?

If so, how did you make it?

Take the edge tool from a vac (long and skinny one). Slide a length of 1/4" polyproppelyne hose into and wrap in duct tape. Works great on the pit in the back of the Mt Vernon AE stove.

I just duct tape a length of garden hose onto the end of my shop vac
hose when I need to. No parts needed except the garden hose, works great.

Got that tip courtesy of Mike Holton from ESW. ;-P

Thanks for the ideas, some of which I have already tried. I'm looking for something that won't leak as bad as the duct tape idea. Then again, maybe that's good enough.

Leak? Use a good length of GOOD tape and I don't see how its going to leak. I have done it a few times now and had no problems. Great suction on that little hose.

here's what I made

th_DSC_3290-1.jpg

th_DSC_3289.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.