Making Room for Pellets

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lorilooo

Aug 18, 2008
North Central CT
We are in the process of clearing out space in the basement for 4 tons of pellets to be delivered mid/late September. What I would like to know is...can anyone tell me (roughly) the measurement (dimensions) of a ton of pellets? It would help to know how much space we'll need to store these.

Thanks for any and all advice!
Lori

I seem to recall they are about 4' x 4' x 4' per ton... maybe a hair larger.

4' x 4' x 4' seems about right. I have two tons in my basement and I will be receiving two more tons when the dealer installs my stove in september

You can always stack higher then ten bags; I have five tons stacked on four pallets in my shed. :cheese:

swalz said:
You can always stack higher then ten bags; I have five tons stacked on four pallets in my shed. :cheese:

Don't tell OSHA

Thank you for the information everyone, this really helps. Now I know I've got more clearing out to do! 8-/

Why do the pellets need to be 6" away from the walls & 36" away from the electrical panel?

Thanks Limerick. I guess I'll be moving 2 tons of pellets in the AM. I'm just too tired now. If I provide the Coors and sausage pizza can I count you in as a helper?

Status
Not open for further replies.