Mama Bear Firebrick Question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MattMoore

Nov 13, 2014
South Carolina
I have a question about (what I believe to be a) Mama bear stove. Trying to replace the fire bricks and was using the measurements from another thread on this site and the cut fire bricks don't fit in the wood stove like the others do so well. My biggest problem is the bar/tab (I don't know what its called) in the middle of the red box, is slightly lower than all the rest of the bars. Is it designed that way or could the fire over many seasons have warped it to be out of place? If its not right how do I fix it?
Photo on 11-13-14 at 9.23 PM.jpg

Looks like a brick retainer. They are angle iron pieces welded to stove sides and back that you slip the firebrick up under to hold it in place. Probably warped downward when used with broken brick at the back. There is also a small shelf like piece of steel across bottom of rear vent. That may be the piece you're referring to. I have a 36 inch long adjustable wrench that I'd bend them back up with. Otherwise ear plugs and big hammer !

Status
Not open for further replies.