Mama Bear outlet dimensions needed

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

acp104

Jan 14, 2016
NW Illinois
Does anyone (Coaly?) happen to have any prints are dimensions for the outlet for a Mama Bear? I'd like to return the outlet to closer to original on the stove in the picture. I'm not sure how thick the material was that was used originally, but I was considering using a piece of 6" schedule 40 pipe so that the ID would be 6" and I wouldn't have to worry about over crimping stove pipe to fit an original type 6" OD outlet. Looks like schedule 40 is a hair over .25" thick. I'm thinking this might be considerable heavier than the original?

Attachments

• IMG_20170208_133822703.jpg
    IMG_20170208_133822703.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 238
That's a good material to use.
The original part listed on drawings for the older stoves is part # 111-BS called FLUE made of 6" OD X 12 GA X 5 ".
3 inches is required to insert into firebox.

Reactions: acp104 and Don H