Man gets 4 years in jail for stealing a wood pellet stove!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don2222

Minister of Fire
Feb 1, 2010
Salem NH
Hello

Along with a washing machine, he also stole a wood pellet stove!!!
http://www.daily-times.com/ci_18504821

By Elizabeth Piazza The Daily Times
Posted: 07/19/2011 01:00:00 AM MDT

FARMINGTON — One of the three people accused of stealing a washing machine from a rural residence in January was sentenced Monday to four years in prison.

Christian Lloyd, 25, pleaded guilty to third-degree felony residential burglary and third-degree felony larceny, both of which carry up to three years in prison.

Because Lloyd has a previous felony record — he pleaded guilty in 2005 to third-degree felony aggravated assault with a deadly weapon and aggravated battery with a deadly weapon charge for two separate incidents — he also faced a mandatory year of prison time for each count.

San Juan County Sheriff's deputies arrested Lloyd, Chris Blackwell, 33, and Leticia Ryno, 34, after the trio was seen leaving a residence on New Mexico 511 on New Year's Day in a truck loaded with household items, including a pellet stove and a washing machine.

Deputies believe Lloyd, Blackwell and Ryno arrived at the rural house at about midnight Jan. 1, and ransacked the place before leaving the next morning.

Oil field workers saw the loaded truck, and because the same residence was burglarized two months earlier, they contacted Sheriff's deputies.

Deputy Gary Mauldin, on the way to the residence, saw the truck with the bed stacked full and stopped the vehicle.

Chief District Judge John Dean sentenced Lloyd to four years for each count but ruled the counts to run together.

As part of the plea agreement with the state, Lloyd has to comply with all of
Advertisement
its terms. If he doesn't, he can face additional jail time.

The charges against Ryno and Blackwell still are pending. Ryno appeared in district court Monday and expected to plead guilty, but because she could not clearly state her actions, the judge delayed accepting the guilty plea.

Elizabeth Piazza:

[email protected]

Desperate times - Desperate measures......

(Although "I" personally wouldn't even STEAL a Pellet Stove..........lol)

-Soupy1957

soupy1957 said:

-Soupy1957

Yea, what if it breaks!!

Also that may have be easier than stealing 3 tons of pellets to use it!!! LOL

soupy1957 said:

-Soupy1957

Maybe he was just too lazy to steal a woodstove?? Ya know those things are WORK! all that cutting. chopping, drying, splitting business...

Hey.. this pellet stove is the deal.. I just dump these rabbit looking turds in and out comes heat. woohoo

:lol:

they weren't stealing it, they were liberating it. Freeing their oppressed brother from the bondage of domestic use. They only wished to return the stove to its natural habitat...the woods, where stoves can live together in peace and harmony. Free the stoves!

GrahamInVa said:
soupy1957 said:

-Soupy1957

Maybe he was just too lazy to steal a woodstove?? Ya know those things are WORK! all that cutting. chopping, drying, splitting business...

Hey.. this pellet stove is the deal.. I just dump these rabbit looking turds in and out comes heat. woohoo

Graham...... I can see you will be a "Shoe-In" this season. You already have a fantastic sense of humor and a good outlook on your Heating.. Keep up the Sarcasm (oops!).. Err Um, Good Work.. LOL

DexterDay said:
GrahamInVa said:
soupy1957 said:

-Soupy1957

Graham...... I can see you will be a "Shoe-In" this season. You already have a fantastic sense of humor and a good outlook on your Heating.. Keep up the Sarcasm (oops!).. Err Um, Good Work.. LOL

Just wait for the first oh poopy moment Graham before you are so certain it is "the" deal.

Hey soupy, around these parts one could wind up with a sore hind end attempting to steal one of either kind.

Dexter how goes the battle, staying cool?

SmokeyTheBear said:
DexterDay said:
GrahamInVa said:
soupy1957 said:

-Soupy1957

Just wait for the first oh poopy moment Graham before you are so certain it is "the" deal.

Hey soupy, around these parts one could wind up with a sore hind end attempting to steal one of either kind.

Trying to. Was HOT today. Supposed to be Hotter tomorrow. At 4:35 today, when I got home.

Attachments

• IMG00736-20110720-1636.jpg
    IMG00736-20110720-1636.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 295
SmokeyTheBear said:
DexterDay said:
GrahamInVa said:
soupy1957 said:

-Soupy1957

Oh I know. I was just being funny and poking fun at soupy since he loves pellet stoves so much. :)

I'm just excited to be back burning something this winter. I have always had a fireplace until this past winter. I bought a new house last summer and it didn't have one. The efficiency and ease of instalation is what attracted me to the pellet stove. As well as my wife's alergies act up with a traditionl fire.

HAHAHAHA the thermostats says... it's fawking hot bud, so just wear underware today!

DexterDay said:
SmokeyTheBear said:
DexterDay said:
GrahamInVa said:
soupy1957 said:

-Soupy1957

Trying to. Was HOT today. Supposed to be Hotter tomorrow. At 4:35 today, when I got home.

GrahamInVa said:
SmokeyTheBear said:
DexterDay said:
GrahamInVa said:
soupy1957 said:

-Soupy1957

Oh I know. I was just being funny and poking fun at soupy since he loves pellet stoves so much. :)

I'm just excited to be back burning something this winter. I have always had a fireplace until this past winter. I bought a new house last summer and it didn't have one. The efficiency and ease of instalation is what attracted me to the pellet stove. As well as my wife's alergies act up with a traditionl fire.

how's the install progressing graham? (too lazy to dig up the thread) :)

Status
Not open for further replies.