Man this stuff is great but like anything else there is a lot to learn :-)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jdboy9

Jan 21, 2009
Burton Ohio
I spent most of my late teen years and early 20s learning about the international dt444 (powerstroke) and modding it.

Then that sort of went to the wayside when fuel prices went up through the roof and I started focusing on carpentry and woodworking. I am still researching everyday about these topics. Yet I do neither of them for a living haha.

I installed my own boiler system where I currently live and thought it went pretty smooth but after reading some of the posts here I feel like I am 16 again learning about the dt444 :) I also come to realize I managed to install my system by the seat of my pants and luckily it works right. I plan to install a gassy here soon to take over heat of three separate buildings and needless to say I have much much more to learn.

Have to love the internet!!

Where's burton OH ?

jdboy9 said:
I also come to realize I managed to install my system by the seat of my pants and luckily it works right.

Have to love the internet!!

I did the same thing........but now I'm becoming a more accomplished modifier!

Burton Ohio is what we like to call the ARMPIT of OHIO lol We see more clouds here then anywhere else in the state thanks to that lovely lake above us. We are about 50 min east of cleveland.

I've always been an avid D-I-Y-er, and these systems have been the most challenging/ fascinating thing I've done (at least on a total systems basis) yet.

The good news is that with the knowledge, experience, and goodwill here in the Boiler room, you don't have to go it alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.