Manchester, a few weeks in...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

izzyq

Dec 27, 2012
Long Island, NY
We are really loving our Manchester. We were having a draw problem and thought we would need a liner but our chimney guys suggested a new cap and it has made a ton of difference. :) Temperatures have been in the 20s several days and our living room is never under 68 degrees even when there's just coals from the load before bed the night before. During the day we are easily in the 76-78 range, sometimes we even crack a window open.

The stove is easy to run and we get amazing secondary burns. It really is beautiful and a great heat producer. We are very happy so far with our choice.

One question for anyone with the Manchester where are you getting an accurate reading on temp using an IR thermometer. I get a lot of variety in my readings so I, curious where most people are getting their best ones.

Top flue? If so, most measure temps about 3-4" in front of the flue collar on the center of the top. What kind of cap did you have & which one did you switch to?

Status
Not open for further replies.