Manchester, NH Loews selling Pellets &269;/skid.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve_in_NH

Jul 23, 2008
Chester, NH
Don't know what brand as they were tightly wrapped in black plastic. I assume that's a you-pick-up-price.....

Last week I ordered 2 tons of penningtons from lowes in gillford at $269 a ton. Got delivered on monday. They were green teams with white plastic rapping.

I have burned some penningtons, starlites, and a few other types. And had good luck with all of them. I'm sure the green teams will work ok.

burnpot said:
I have burned some penningtons, starlites, and a few other types. And had good luck with all of them. I'm sure the green teams will work ok.

To each his own...

I knew that the gillford lowes had penningtons, starlites, preto-logs, some no nome brand and some in black plastic rap. I had already burn the penningtons so thats what I ordered. I didn't ask about green teams. If I had of known I would have ordered them. I have read on here don't by any bayou. I'v burned two bags of bayou, they burned ok but like michigans lots of ash.
To each his own! Yup my stove my pellets my money. Now if I could just get my hands on some softwood pellets to try.

I bought 3 tons of greene teams from lowes in hooksett... They work fine. You poor them in the top of the stove and heat comes out of the front of the stove.
I tried a couple bags of the okanagans i bought at bj's. they worked good too. poured them in the top and heat came out the front.

BTU said:
Oil Schmoil said:
I bought 3 tons of greene teams from lowes in hooksett... They work fine. You poor them in the top of the stove and heat comes out of the front of the stove.
I tried a couple bags of the okanagans i bought at bj's. they worked good too. poured them in the top and heat came out the front.

So Oil Schmoil...are you saying you didn't notice any difference between the Green Teams from Lowes and the Okies from BJ's?...Not in heat or ash left over?

BTU's blood must be boiling after that comment. I wish I've tried the Green Team so I could compare. Was a difference between the Bayou's and Okies in both heat and ash. I tried some Spruce Point as well they were up there with the Okies. I'd have to burn a bigger sample size to declare a favorite.

BTU said:
Oil Schmoil said:

So Oil Schmoil...are you saying you didn't notice any difference between the Green Teams from Lowes and the Okies from BJ's?...Not in heat or ash left over?

I would say the Okies do throw a bit more heat. Very bright and hot. Ash residue is too close to call. Bj's wants about 6bucks a bag for the Okies were as I got the greene teams for 229 a ton. I know that you get what you pay for but am satisfied with the greene teams. If the Okies were the same price then yeah I would buy them.

$269 a ton seems steep for the pellet brands that Lowes carries. $229 maybe, $209 for sure.

BTU is right, I would rather have the higher heat and clean glass and not much ash!

So u may spend a little more, But worth it.

Dragon pellets! Find them and u will see......

Status
Not open for further replies.