manifolds?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cbb

Apr 21, 2012
Nw. Maine
Gentlemen; Any preference as to brand name manifolds for 1/2" pex, staple up. Brass, copper, wirsbo plastic?

Will be using wirsbo aluminum plates with Wirsbo pex tubing.

I went with a Mr. Pex, stainless, 8 port manifold with flow meters and balancing valves. I am sure any of the quality brands would serve you well.

DSC00366.JPG

Noah

Reactions: ewdudley
I scored Watts radiant SS on ebay, 5 zone for around $100 used. Persoanlly even though I'm a big Wirsbo fan, I'd avoid any plastic parts (asside from PEX) in a heating system, brass, copper, or SS, will all work eaqually well in a closed loop hydronic system. I also used Mr.Pex PEX-a in my floor same as Wirsbo, PEX-a is the only pex I use on any job. Much more workable and easier to make tight turns without fittings.

DSC02852.JPG

TS

Thanks guys!
I will go with either the Wirsbo or Mr. pex items. Also with a tried and true product in either brass or SS.

Status
Not open for further replies.