Mansfield flue collar

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

fortydegnorth

Nov 16, 2010
Kettering, Oh
Can the flue collar on the Hearthstone Mansfield be removed and then reinstalled, in position, in order to get it to sit back into an existing fireplace opening? My fireplace is 28.5" tall and the Mansfield is only 27" but the flue collar makes it 31" I have a 40" wide fireplace and plenty of room up top once the stove is back in there but getting it past the front edge is the problem.

you bet ya. remove the top innards of the stove, angle iron first then baffle, then ceramic blancket. the flue collar is attatched to the top cast with studs and nuts. I would recomend pb blaster if it is an older stove to remove this. Try not to snap the studs as I did. I had to weld a nut to the stud to remove it after I snapped them. Slide the stove in and reassemble. not a bad job.

If your hooking it up to a flex liner it might be easier to connect the flex onto the flue collar before you connect the flue collar to the stove. remember to save the gasket or replace it if its worn. Mabe use some masking tape to protect the stones around the flue collar from scratches during installation.

Status
Not open for further replies.