Mansfield is IN! Delayed post of pics!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NH_Wood

Minister of Fire
Dec 24, 2009
southern NH
Hi all! My new Mansfield was delivered on 12 March and installed 13 March - haven't had a chance to get pics posted, so here goes. I need to finish the trim on the pad, but otherwise done. Wish the pad was larger, but not a lot of room. I was able to burn for about 2 weeks, with one week of essentially 24/7 burning. Love the stove. Lots of comments and questions to make/ask, but will save for later. Just wanted to prove it happened! First photo a tad fuzzy. Cheers!

Attachments

• IMG_1287.jpg
    IMG_1287.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 420
  • IMG_1297.jpg
    IMG_1297.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 415
Nice looking install. Thats a great stove you bought. Enjoy it! Have you tried to see how long of a burn you can squeeze out of it? I'd like to compare notes with the one I burn in the showroom

Franks - thanks! Some of your posts about your Mansfield in the showroom helped me make my decision. As for burn times, I've only burned in mild weather (40's in day and ~ 30's at night) so no good cold weather info yet. Otherwise, I seem to be able to load the stove at ~ 10 pm, and when I get up at ~ 7 am, stove top is at about ~ 250 (still very hot to the touch), and lots of large coals to send off the next splits. And, if I don't add any splits, stove is still hot to touch at ~ early afternoon. There is no doubt that soapstone really holds heat for a long time - not that the later heat is really doing a lot of heating. If this type of burn is what I get during real winter, I'll be pretty darn happy!

Looks like a nice clean install of a beautiful stove. Congratulations!

Thanks Slow!

Looks great. I love the looks of the Mansfield. Duck feet and all. Had it been a tad shorter there would have been one sitting in my fireplace since 2006.

Are you filling up the firebox 100% and shutting the air off as far as the control will allow to get those burn times or are you saving that for the cold weather?

BrotherBart said:
Looks great. I love the looks of the Mansfield. Duck feet and all. Had it been a tad shorter there would have been one sitting in my fireplace since 2006.

Nice installation. It is a handsome stove. Has to be if BB'd consider a stove with the door hinged on the wrong side :).

Thanks BeGreen!

Franks - haven't really load her up full yet, but pretty close. Since I was getting stove temps up to high 500's, I was worried about too much fuel and overfiring - just need to get used to the stove. I'm not sure when to finally put the air to fully shut. Just PM'd you - would like to pick your brain a little on how you burn your Mansfield. But, perhaps a thread would be better if other folks might want to listen in on my questions. Cheers!

Looks real good NH. May that thing keep you warm forever.

Backwoods Savage said:
Looks real good NH. May that thing keep you warm forever.
Thanks Dennis - I sure hope it does!

Very nice install. I almost bought a Mansfield 7 years ago but the salesman talked me out of it, said it was too big and would be better off with his floor model Homestead he was trying to get rid of. Turned out the Homestead was too small, so looked into something in between and fell in love with the Fireview.

Status
Not open for further replies.