mansfield setup

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

traveler659

Jun 15, 2010
west tennessee
I order my mansfield about 3 weeks ago,it arrived a few days ago but the dealer said they had to send it back because it was damaged in shipping,the door was almost completely tore off and a lot of scratches on the cast iron parts,they said it wasn't bolted down on the skid so i guess i'll have to wait a few more weeks before another one arrives.Here is my question I have a masonary flue, would it be better to use two 45 elbows from the stove to the thimble before it passes through the wall or just one 90 degree elbow.If i'm not mistaken I believe this is the preferred method for the blaze king.I was just wondering what the thoughts were on using two 45's versus one 90 elbow

I suppose on paper that 2 45's will make it easier for the smoke to pass thru, less restriction. In the real world, in 26 years, I have only run into a situation that required using 2-45s instead of 1-90 a handful of times. This was always after the fact when a customer had a borderline draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.