Mantel Question?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

scoooter

Sep 9, 2010
Central Md
I attached the picture of the approx fireplace, we bought a Lopi Freedom but I would like to mount extended.

There is 22" between the insert and the wood mantel. The directions say we need 32" between the mantel and the insert, so another 10". If we put a row of brick (laying flat but sticking straight out) under the wood mantel would that work or would it still be too hot? The wood wouldn't stick out past the edge of the brick. I don't want to use a mantel shield.

Thanks,

Scott

PS I can't seem to find an email for Lopi to email them directly to ask...

Attachments

• mantel.jpg
    mantel.jpg
    155 KB · Views: 254
I have a similar situation. I think your are going to have a problem with the wood on front of the mantle. Woodstock told me to use a stick with the appropriate length. If at any angle the stick can touch my stove and the mantle, I need more brick or mantle shield.

Instead of a wood mantel shelf, could I just use granite instead? or would the granite get too hot?

Scott

Instead of a wood mantel shelf, could I just use granite? or would the granite get too hot?

Scott

Status
Not open for further replies.