Manual 10 ton splitter

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No direct experience, but I can tell you that the actual cycle time is going to be about 10x longer than your Ryobi. Don't expect it to actually split much wood.

Get a Fiskars splitting axe, or a bigger electric splitter, I think the manual thing is a big waste of your money.

Pete1983 said:
So I would like a larger splitter and am looking at this http://www.harborfreight.com/10-ton-hydraulic-log-splitter-67090.html. Do any of you have experience with these too tell about?

Thanks guys
Pete

I own that HF splitter. I've split a few cord with it, very slowly but it worked for the small stuff (less than 12"). I found it very useful to keep near the stove and split those extra big ones or to make some quick kindling. When it busts I won't replace it, but it did serve a useful purpose.

I had one for a short time years ago. It worked but winter would be over before I could get all my wood split with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.