Manual for a 1998 Englander 25-pdvp

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe Payton

Mar 19, 2013
I got a old 25-pdvp, mfg date is 1998. All the manuals on englanders site pre or post 2004 show a digital control board. I have a analog board. Two dials for heat and blower , on button and off button. As soon as the stove has power the lower auger is turning. Press on and the top one starts and cycles like it should. What I need to know is, when I press on should the combustion blower start up right away? I havent dug into the wiring yet to see if everything is hooked up but I wanted to ask here as this is my first pellet stove.

Also, is it possible to upgrade this to the digital board?

Your one brave soul to dive into a used 15 year old unit for a first stove. Mike may catch this thread and get you started n the right direction and dig up a manual for it. Good luck

i dunno if i have a manual for the "knob" stoves, will have to look when i get back to the office.

as for the board function, yes when you press ON the combustion blower should start immediately
here's the wiring chart
http://www.englanderstoves.com/help/PelletStove/wiring_your_pellet_unit_pucb93.html

link for troubleshooting help

http://www.englanderstoves.com/help/PelletStove/troubleshootingstart03.html

if you still do not get anywhere i know a number you can call during the week and a guy to ask for who can tell you anything you want to know about that stove 800-245-6489 ask for mike (me) im in monday through friday 8-5 eastern

be happy to help anyway i can

There you go. Sunday assistance on a 15 year old stove.:)

Thanks mike and bio burner. I pulled the cover off the control board and wiggled the connection. Tripped the GFCI. reset and now the blower works. Guess I will pull all the connectors, clean, and dielectric grease them.

As for the age, the guy told me it was 5-7 years old and never had anything replaced. The lower auger motor is newer as is the room air blower. So, I wasent expecting this old but I like a project. I sanded it all down and high temp painted it. I only paid 450. If I knew just how old it was I would have talked him down more. But 450 was down from 950. All the motors and augurs work. Just needs a door gasket and maybe the exhaust blower gasket. Any general suggestions for this thing? I would really like to have a thermostat hooked up to it. What function does that actually perform? Will it just cycle the blower on and off or does it lower the heat setting too?

So, new blower and it is going. The lower auger motor is extremely loud. I pulled the motor apart and found it uses some brass washers as spacers/bearings. Are these something that englander can provide as replacements? any idea what thickness these might be.

Thanks, Again. Joe

This is a 1998. However it does have tstat connections. Which I found to be odd. I have yet to test them. I dont really see why it couldent be retrofitted. Only problem is the vacuum switch would have to be retrofitted or defeated as well. Ether way is fairly easy though. As for the motor, The noise is coming from the 100 RPM electric motor. If I apply pressure to the drive rod it silences. The noise is the free play in the shaft due to the bushings being worn.

Best to get things fixed now before you really need them. Might be original motor? Track down Mike and maybe you already have a newer board.

This is a 1998. However it does have tstat connections. Which I found to be odd. I have yet to test them. I dont really see why it couldent be retrofitted. Only problem is the vacuum switch would have to be retrofitted or defeated as well. Ether way is fairly easy though. As for the motor, The noise is coming from the 100 RPM electric motor. If I apply pressure to the drive rod it silences. The noise is the free play in the shaft due to the bushings being worn.
OK, brainfart when I wrote the post above (I edited it). What I meant to say was that any pre-2004 stove is manual light. However, I didn't know that they had stat connections back then.

Basically, if it's the same as the newer stoves, the stove will burn in Hi-Lo mode, depending if the stat calls for heat or not.

Best to get things fixed now before you really need them. Might be original motor? Track down Mike and maybe you already have a newer board.
I have a very old board. It has two knobs for adjustment. I am thinking about retrofitting this with my own controller, making it auto igniting, Adjusting the combustion blower to change burn rate. But for now I just want the thing quiet. These C-Chassis motors pretty much work or they dont. So if all its making is noise its an easy fix. These motors were designed only a few years after the lightbulb. very simple design.

I was hoping Mike might be on but I might just have to call him Monday.

Status
Not open for further replies.