manual for Heatilator Arrow i22

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mfetting

Nov 5, 2008
Kansas
I purchased a home that has an Arrow i22 woodburning insert (installed in 1996); however, I have been unable to find any information on the internet. The fans are working ok; however, I'm currently replacing the short liner with one that goes to the top of the chimney.

Specific question I have is the placement of the bricks above the secondary burn tubes.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

this is an educated guess. bricks should lay on top of the tube and fill the void from the first tube all the way back and also fill the void side to side. I might be able to get a fax of the brick layout from Quadrafire if no one else knows.

When I was pulling the insert out to remove the old liner, I removed four whole bricks and some long narrow ones. They spaced the left brick all the way to the side and the right all the way to the other side, and the other two filled the space in the middle. The smoke traveled up and around the two in the middle to exit the top of the insert.

BsBsBsB

B = Brick
s = space

Is this correct, or should it be brick, brick, space, brick, brick?

BB s BB

When I reassemble it I want to put them in correctly.

Thanks for the feedback.

Heatilator Customer Service responded to my inquiry for a Heatilator Arrow i22 Installation Manual with a response that they are mailing me the manual. While we often hear the bad stuff about a company, I wanted to tell the users of this forum that in this case the vendor went beyond a simple "sorry it is a discontinued product" to helping me solve MY problem.

They also emailed me a manual for a simular product (Arrow Model 2200A) which provided immediate help to some of my questions.

Thank you Heatilator Customer Service!

:)

Cool.... they probably had to go down to the "Archives" and blow of the one copy they have and then make a copy of it for. Unless its digital on the dealer site, I did not even think to look there.

Status
Not open for further replies.