Manual for old Horizon pellet stove available if needed

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

343amc

Feeling the Heat
Nov 23, 2005
West Michigan
I stumbled across the original manuals for my old Horizon Eclipse pellet stove. If anyone out in the world has a use for the manual, let me know and I can scan them and get a copy to you.

I'll guess there aren't a whole lot of those stoves left in service, but you never know.

I stumbled across the original manuals for my old Horizon Eclipse pellet stove. If anyone out in the world has a use for the manual, let me know and I can scan them and get a copy to you.

I'll guess there aren't a whole lot of those stoves left in service, but you never know.

i would love a copy if you still have it

I hate dredging up old threads but "think" I have this stove too. I just bought a home and there are no indicators of what stove I have is except for the word Eclipse on the control board in the hopper. I've attached several photos. I have two questions

1) If this is the same stove as this thread can someone send me the manual as well please? Thanks in advance. Please PM for email address.

2) Pics 5 through 8 are with regard to the pellet cup. I am not sure of the orientation its supposed to be in there.

Image 6 is how I think its supposed to go in, and how I put it back in.
Image 5 is how it originally sat, it looked awkward.
Image 7 is with the cup removed and image 8 shows the cup design.

I did learn the fun way that there is no auto igniter in this system (looking at some of the St Croix references I've come across).

Thanks for some assistance in advance.

Attachments

• 1 Pellet Stove.jpg
    1 Pellet Stove.jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 904
  • 2 Hopper.jpg
    2 Hopper.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 781
  • 3 Control Board.jpg
    3 Control Board.jpg
    185.2 KB · Views: 966
  • 4 Inside.jpg
    4 Inside.jpg
    136.2 KB · Views: 779
  • 5 Cup Orientation 1.jpg
    5 Cup Orientation 1.jpg
    154.5 KB · Views: 748
  • 6 Cup Orientation 2.jpg
    6 Cup Orientation 2.jpg
    143.8 KB · Views: 760
  • 7 Without Cup.jpg
    7 Without Cup.jpg
    192.2 KB · Views: 694
  • 8 Cup.jpg
    8 Cup.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 686
aww crap. i never got notification that there was a post here. any chance of reposting it? or pm me for my email. thanks again for trying last time

[quote="

2) Pics 5 through 8 are with regard to the pellet cup. I am not sure of the orientation its supposed to be in there.

Image 6 is how I think its supposed to go in, and how I put it back in.
Image 5 is how it originally sat, it looked awkward.
Image 7 is with the cup removed and image 8 shows the cup design.

I did learn the fun way that there is no auto igniter in this system (looking at some of the St Croix references I've come across).

Thanks for some assistance in advance.[/quote]

I have the same stove only the freestanding version so I would say you do have an eclipse. I will try your way with the pellet cup as it sure looks better! If I get a copy of the manual somewhere I will let you know.

I wanted to do a follow up post on my experience with this stove. After having the chimney service (just bought this house) and they cleaned out the stove as well, I wanted to try my hand at this. While the cup orientation in image 6 sure looks good, it's not very efficient. I burned for 12 hours trying to get the box to put out warm air and could get nothing. At first I thought it was the stove's fault but sitting the burn box into the cup like that leaves a gap between the burn box and the draft box.

All it was doing was pull the heat right back out and venting it. Since the system was making abnormal noises anyway (vibration from motors), I pulled it out, cleaned out the entire system, re-seated all the connectors, and sealed the exhaust vent (test burn while pulled out for leaks). The former owners had adhesive tape that wasn't holding the air intake in very well at all. Change that to a clamp. Now I hear the whirring of the motor(s).

Flash forward to after my twelve hour heat-less burn. I let it burn out, cleaned everything out. Put the box back in as image 5 and fired it up. This thing is roaring! Finally getting heat to the exchange and watching the degrees climb in my house. Started it at 65 30 minutes ago and finally pushing 70 degrees. The only problem I'm experiencing is that the pellets are backing up in the feed tunnel now....

I do have one question since there is still no manual, with a high enough temp going, the small metal plate near the intake duct that covered another hole is making a lot of noise due to the need for more oxygen. Is there any reason that metal plate needs to be on? Here is a a link to the video recording that you can hear the plate rattling: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7sjcot7bkn2580c/Video0001.avi

Attachments

• Picture0004.jpg
    Picture0004.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 422
  • Picture0005.jpg
    Picture0005.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 399
For the people who have asked for the manual. Attached.
Thanks for posting. This manual is for the model HR-2 Classic and Destiny. Is it applicable to the Eclipse as well?

Status
Not open for further replies.