Manufactured logs

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

babalu87

Nov 23, 2005
middleborough, ma.
http://www.hearthwise.com/page/page/506666.htm

For anyone that wants to try them there is a place in Leominster, MA. They sell any quantity for $1.25 each but offer a box of 4 with a starter for $9.99????????
I e-mailed Homefire logs last night and that was the only contact they gave me.

A bit of a ride for me but the wifes sister lives up that way so either the next visit I can get some, I would like to try them out anyway.

I've got one on my hearth that keeps getting moved around to make room for the task of burning real wood. We like the wood much better and just haven't gotten around to tossing that Homefire chunk in there. We found that they burned hot at first and then cold for a long time. The high heat at first meant stoking with more than two was a problem and then insufficient heat after initial fire.

The HF logs are pretty durable having been moved at least 20 times and not broken apart, quite dense.

Status
Not open for further replies.