Manufacturer's price increase (when?)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

aussieblake

Mar 4, 2008
Tornado Alley
I have narrowed my stove choices down, the two choices are HS Mansfield and PE T6. I have been told that PE is increasing their prices as of 4/1/08, and that Hearthstone is in the near future. Is this correct. Since the slow season is upon (or coming up) the stove dealers, it seems odd that prices would increase now. I realize that all manufactures will increase prices every year or two. I just do not want to wait to long and find that my wait (to find the best deal) has cost me in the end.

Is it better to wait until mid summer to purchase?

Thanks,

aussieblake

Importers of stoves have little choice but to raise prices - PE is from Canada and HearthStone gets materials for abroad (almost 100%).

On the other hand, certain dealers may have old inventory for discount prices AND stove companies offer dealers special deals for stocking up NOW (march-april). So chances are you can find a deal unaffected by the price increase if you shop around.

No, it is best not to wait until summer. The stove selling season starts about July 15, so that is the wrong time to seek deals. This time (now) is the best time to buy - and I say that with 20+ years experience as a stove dealer.

Status
Not open for further replies.