Many have wondered

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Backwoods Savage

Minister of Fire
Feb 14, 2007
Michigan
What happened to quads? I did have some contact with him and I think we'll see him back on the forum before too long. For sure I invited him and made it known to him that many wish for his return. Let's all hope he does come back so we can all enjoy his pictures and his knowledge. He is a good man.

He did say he is a bit behind on his firewood but what the heck, I'm behind too. I haven't yet stacked the wood we split in the Spring. Every time I pass that wood stack it looks the same. Guess if I don't stack it then the job won't get done.

Splitting-2013c.JPG Yup. Still there this morning too. Perhaps I'll get at it soon.

Miss his great pictures & work ethic.

+1 "He's a good man"

Maybe it'll cool down for you soon, into the 50 or 60s . Better working temps :)

I've been wanting to go cut some but been to warm ,
learned patience & it's more enjoyable when it's cool outside ;)
It can wait a few months.

Reactions: Backwoods Savage
Dave, it is nice and cool right now. In fact, I just closed some of the windows. Nice that we don't need air conditioning in July.

Reactions: Blue2ndaries
Thanks for the update Dennis. I was hoping he was well and that things worked out for him.

Hurrah . . . Quads is one of those quality guys that I think I would love to meet in person one day as I suspect who he is on line is the same person he is in person . . . i.e. a straight shooting, honest man.

What happened to quads? I did have some contact with him and I think we'll see him back on the forum before too long. For sure I invited him and made it known to him that many wish for his return. Let's all hope he does come back so we can all enjoy his pictures and his knowledge. He is a good man.

He did say he is a bit behind on his firewood but what the heck, I'm behind too. I haven't yet stacked the wood we split in the Spring. Every time I pass that wood stack it looks the same. Guess if I don't stack it then the job won't get done.

View attachment 106817 Yup. Still there this morning too. Perhaps I'll get at it soon.
Sometimes, it's rare but if you stare at it long enough, it will stack itself.

For sure it is rare Pauly. I went back there again just a short time ago. Nothing had been done. So, I pitched in and stacked one row 4 1/2' high and 10' long. That was enough for today, or at least my back said so. When I passed my wife on the way back up I told her to hurry. lol She is picking raspberries. Well, I actually told her when she is finished to not bring the berries and water and such to the house. I'll go back and get it with the atv.

Reactions: Paulywalnut
I wish we lived closer to quads. It would be fun to get a group together and go to his place to help him get ahead on his wood piles again. That would be a fun day indeed.

Reactions: webby3650
Good to hear!

I wish we lived closer to quads. It would be fun to get a group together and go to his place to help him get ahead on his wood piles again. That would be a fun day indeed.
Anybody thinking ROADTRIP??? Count me in.

IIRC family farms sold and such requiring him to change complete life style?

Yes he was forced to change some. Isn't that just like life? Change seems to be the only constant.

Yep change happens , sometimes ya see coming and can plan a bit, other times it just wacks ya up side the head from behind. ( got that T shirt and a baseball cap to boot)

Status
Not open for further replies.