Many,Many thanks!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

doughboy5

Sep 19, 2008
L.I. ny
Hey everyone.I started a thread last September-newbi may have screwed up-.I just really need to thank begreen,cozyheat,hogwildz,fossil and kd460.You guys told me exactly what I needed to hear.I was completely FREAKING OUT when I posted.I'm a carpenter so I felt comfortable with the installation,I can read specs,go through the roof etc.I had to move a wall,move a closet,refinish wood floors,spackle paint ,trim, in addition to installing the hearth,stove and chimney.It took me 8 weekends and I had just finished.I was baked,but I was finished.I collapsed into bed then the thought came"you are an idiot and the house will burn to the ground".I had done 2 months of research on this site before I made my first move.This site is where I discovered micore,which enabled me to build a hearth that protrudes only 3/4 of an inch above the finished floor,my wifes only request.But that didn't matter now because tommorrow I would unhook the chimney,move the stove and take a hammer and chisel to my beautiful new hearth.I jumped out of bed and posted for my first time.You 5 guys replied almost instantly.I owe you all a huge debt.Just huge.Sorry it took me this long to thank you all,you guys freakin ROCK!

Thats why we & the site are here. Glad it worked out. Did you ever post pictures?

I'm wondering if you went ahead and used your stove????

Status
Not open for further replies.