many thanks to hearth.com

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gotboostido

Jun 23, 2008
south shore, ma
well heres my story. ive been wanting to put in a pellet stove for a couple of years. first reason is to stop buying oil. and the other reason in i love a wood fire. well on june 2 2008 i got an oil del. @4.75 per gallon. that put me over the edge. lol i orded a englender 25-pdvc. i orded it online from ace. in fear of not being being able to find on around the south shore here in mass. and also bought 2 ton of penningtion pellets at wally world in august. well i just had the stove installed. and i love it. this dam stove had me sitting around in pair of shorts the first day. it reached almost 80deg inside. hehe. i only had it on for 2 hours today and it was a toasty 73 inside today and i keep it on 1-1 settings only i havent had to turn it on tonight. but i should need to get fired up in the morning.. and using oil in the past ive kept the tstat as low as i can stand it. which was @60-62. looking foward to wearing my shorts all winter.lol. ive only posted on here once or twice. but i just wanted to say thanks to everyone here for all the free info.....

It is nice to not hear that oil burning monster turn on, but be careful about it never turning on. If you have any pipes that go near basement windows, or any that go through unheated attic, etc, you need to make sure they don't freeze from lack of being heated.

If you DO have any that might freeze, you might consider the thing I just put in my upstairs bedroom zone....Thermguard.

www.bearmountaindesign.com

There is a 10% discount & free shipping for Hearth.com members too

gotboostido said:
well heres my story. ive been wanting to put in a pellet stove for a couple of years. first reason is to stop buying oil. and the other reason in i love a wood fire. well on june 2 2008 i got an oil del. @4.75 per gallon. that put me over the edge. lol i orded a englender 25-pdvc. i orded it online from ace. in fear of not being being able to find on around the south shore here in mass. and also bought 2 ton of penningtion pellets at wally world in august. well i just had the stove installed. and i love it. this dam stove had me sitting around in pair of shorts the first day. it reached almost 80deg inside. hehe. i only had it on for 2 hours today and it was a toasty 73 inside today and i keep it on 1-1 settings only i havent had to turn it on tonight. but i should need to get fired up in the morning.. and using oil in the past ive kept the tstat as low as i can stand it. which was @60-62. looking foward to wearing my shorts all winter.lol. ive only posted on here once or twice. but i just wanted to say thanks to everyone here for all the free info.....

Keep in mind that you could easily burn 1.5 bags or more per day come the cold months. 2 tons won`t last the winter burning at 24 hrs a day.

Cool...another south shore neighbor
Congrats and enjoy the heat!

Status
Not open for further replies.