Many Thanks

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just want to say that I REALLY appreciate all the advice I've found here. A year ago I had about 1/6 cord of seasoned wood on hand as I began the installation of my wood fireplace. I bought a total of 3 cords of wood last year, most of which was unseasoned (which I didn't realize at the time). I burned a little more than 2 cords. In the spring I began buying and storing wood for this winter and for 2011-2012 because of the instruction I received here. I now have on hand almost 5 cords, and a little more on-order. My plan from here on out is to get about 2 cords a year and stay two years ahead. It's a GREAT feeling to know that I have plenty of wood on hand and it is testing out to be under 20% moisture content. I am a happy camper, thanks to you folks.

-Speak

It's been a learning process for all of us . . . and yeah . . . it really is a great feeling to be ahead on the wood.

Speak, you learn quickly and will do just fine.

I would also like to say thanks and introduce myself! I've been posting for about three years. Great site! Mark

Hey Mark. Thanks, and just in case we forgot, welcome to the forum. ;-)

Ive been burning for most of my life- and Ive STILL learned more here in the last several months than in the last 20 years!! Thanx, all. :cheese: --genejoe

while we're having a lovefest I'll chime in and say thanks too! I'm a frequent reader and infrequent poster! And sorry my first few posts last year were so stupid- since then I've learned to use the "search" function LOL

I was really glad to see the support here when I joined. Shoot, this place is going to get me/us through the second install ;-P

It's taken 3 years, but I have enough dry wood to run 2 stoves this year...busted our butts this year cutting, splitting, stacking (the Dixette split the last dozen or so rounds of pine and 6-8 oak & 2 2 YO cherry rounds, today, going to stack it this weekend, and get that pine under top cover.)

AND we've got a good leg up on next year. Still 7 cherry trees cut out at the farm last year ( in 16" rounds, 12=18" wide) to be split & processed, and then there's maybe 10 dead & standing ash & locust. Plus assorted other trees needing trimming/cutting in the pastures. The splitter goes back to the farm this weekend, so we can start processing. We split the wood 3 ways. It's a win/win.

And all because I did a search on Google :p

Status
Not open for further replies.