Maple down Draft up

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rich L

Minister of Fire
Jan 25, 2008
Eastern,Ma.
g-mail.com
I've been looking at that maple for 30 years which ran parallel and ten feet from my external stove pipe.A tree cutter friend finally took it down yesterday and now I see how a tree can interfere with your draft.My draft has increased and reloading down draft has been reduced greatly.The next step will be to use the double wall pipe for the blaze king and my troubles with smoke spillage should be totally solved.Well I'm off to split up the half cord of wood the tree yielded,take care.

Rich, I don't doubt that tree was a big part of the problem. You very well may not have to do any more....except get it split and burned.

Backwoods Savage said:
Rich, I don't doubt that tree was a big part of the problem. You very well may not have to do any more....except get it split and burned.
Backwoods I think your right.I just reloaded and got no spillage.Now we'll see how it handles on a windy day.

Status
Not open for further replies.