Maple pretty sure? I'm learning guy.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark Simoniz

Nov 6, 2014
Browns Summit NC
Sorry guys. Thanks for the help on identifying this and the others.
Thanks

Attachments

• 1415464223022.jpg
    1415464223022.jpg
    194.6 KB · Views: 137
That is a maple leaf. Just look at the hockey team.

Yes Maple, it falls under that generic heading. Im sorry I didnt get back right away with your leaf posting.
Definitely maple. I just think Sugar maple is a cold climate tree. And your pics looked like Red Maple to me and I have a hard time telling the two in the woods. I want to cut the Reds and I want to save the Sugars. If they have leaves then Im good. Bark doesnt always work for me.
I want one year seasoning wood right now. I realize also that jpeg photos are hard to go by in studying photos vs live.
This info probably doesnt matter to you so carry on and thanks.
I should be outside cutting too.
Ciao

No, thanks for the reply. I've been reading about maples. I think I read the sugar maples didn't have the full 5 points on the leafs.
You're right, sugars only have 3. That looks like red or Norway.

I have the Va Tech tree ID app on my iPhone, that's a little closer to you FWIW

Status
Not open for further replies.