Maple That Needs Felling

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Aug 25, 2009
In The Woods
This topped off maple is up in the bowl, depending on the weather it would be nice to drop on Saturday or Sunday.

zap

Attachments

• 100_2736.jpg
    100_2736.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 344
  • 100_2737.jpg
    100_2737.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 348
Zap, it is good to see you already have some snow. :lol:

Damn! I wish I had snow. That is my season. Just can't wait to get the skis out and get back on the mountain.

KC

I knew you mentioned a evening fire a couple of days ago but I didn't realize you got that much frost............LOL

Soft Maple

Where in the heck is that Maple located?????

cptoneleg said:

It's in what we call the bowl, you can make a run up top from inside the bowl or head out of the bowl down to the main trail by the brook which gives you access to the lower part of the property,

zap

zapny said:
cptoneleg said:

It's in what we call the bowl, you can make a run up top from inside the bowl or head out of the bowl down to the main trail by the brook which gives you access to the lower part of the property,

zap

Oh OK its a secret I understand somewhere, a long way from me it is sure no chance of frost here, let me guess, North Pole?

cptoneleg said:
zapny said:
cptoneleg said:

zap

Oh OK its a secret I understand somewhere, a long way from me it is sure no chance of frost here, let me guess, North Pole?

That picture is from the beginning of April, I misunderstood you.That Maple sits in the Town of Colton NY in the foothills of the Adirondacks in the area we call the bowl, not so secret.

The dates on the picture it must be tough to see.

zp

Looks much too straight for firewood

SolarAndWood said:
Looks much too straight for firewood

I'll see what the middle looks like after I drop it. Looks like some milling this weekend, what is left of the Hemlock.

zap

Oh OK I thought it had already snowed where you are, I cut down standing dead Red Maple, that had already gotten punky I just left it in the woods, I was told the reds were famous for this .

Good Luck

Those are the type I like to cut!!! Love the Ka Boom when it hits the ground!!!

Billy

cptoneleg said:
Oh OK I thought it had already snowed where you are, I cut down standing dead Red Maple, that had already gotten punky I just left it in the woods, I was told the reds were famous for this .

Good Luck

cptoneleg, I wish we had some snow, nice working in the woods when it's cooler. Just hope we don't get any of the high winds from Irene, all the trails are open and I don't need anymore work.

zap

Cowboy Billy said:

Billy

If I remember right you like to fell up the hill less of a KABOOOOM! :lol:

smokinjay said:
Cowboy Billy said:

Billy

Jay that's over the top of the hill!!!

Billy

Cowboy Billy said:
smokinjay said:
Cowboy Billy said:

Billy

Billy
lol :lol:

smokinjay said:
Cowboy Billy said:
smokinjay said:
Cowboy Billy said:

Billy

Billy

This bunch of Cherry should replace some of the wood we sold, did I say that I drop trees! :zip: With the milling and other stuff that needs to be done, if I have this done by the end of September I will be happy.

zap

Attachments

• 100_1092.jpg
    100_1092.jpg
    177 KB · Views: 141
  • 100_2644.jpg
    100_2644.jpg
    211.1 KB · Views: 147
  • 100_2645.jpg
    100_2645.jpg
    139 KB · Views: 150
zapny said:
smokinjay said:
Cowboy Billy said:
smokinjay said:
Cowboy Billy said:

Billy

Billy

This bunch of Cherry should replace some of the wood we sold, did I say that I drop trees! :zip: With the milling and other stuff that needs to be done, if I have this done by the end of September I will be happy.

zap

Wow I do not want to think about snow! Here we go again....Your going to have a nice lumber yard to work with by spring.

smokinjay said:
zapny said:
smokinjay said:
Cowboy Billy said:
smokinjay said:
Cowboy Billy" date="1314291029 said:

Billy

Billy

I heard you had some storms last night, how bad did they get?

zap

zap

Wow I do not want to think about snow! Here we go again....Your going to have a nice lumber yard to work with by spring.

zapny said:
smokinjay said:
zapny said:
smokinjay said:
Cowboy Billy said:
smokinjay" date="1314293243 said:
Cowboy Billy" date="1314291029 said:

Billy

Billy

I heard you had some storms last night, how bad did they get?

zap

zap

Not bad and pick up 1/2 inch of rain.

zapny said:
cptoneleg said:
zapny said:
cptoneleg said:

zap

That picture is from the beginning of April, I misunderstood you.That Maple sits in the Town of Colton NY in the foothills of the Adirondacks in the area we call the bowl, not so secret.

The dates on the picture it must be tough to see.

zp

Zap you had to ruin the fun didn't you.

Status
Not open for further replies.