Margin Gem or Elmira Fireview cookstove?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

8ball

Jul 2, 2014
Southern Quebec
Hi Guys
I want to buy a new wood cookstove and have looked at the Fireview and the Margin Gem, I like the Gem best for looks and design.Can I get opinions from owners or experts as to which one is a better overnight heater
Thanks

I've been a dealer for both and i would go with the Fireview. Just from the standpoint of having a company that will back you up when you have a problem. The fit and finish is tons better on the Fireview as well. As for over night burns just due to the size of the Margin Gem fire box it will probally be the better one for that. If over night burn and heat are more important i think you should go back and reconsider a freestanding stove like pacific energy super 27 or enviro 1700. As the large flat steel tops can cook a meal if need be.

I've been a dealer for both and i would go with the Fireview. Just from the standpoint of having a company that will back you up when you have a problem. The fit and finish is tons better on the Fireview as well. As for over night burns just due to the size of the Margin Gem fire box it will probally be the better one for that. If over night burn and heat are more important i think you should go back and reconsider a freestanding stove like pacific energy super 27 or enviro 1700. As the large flat steel tops can cook a meal if need be.
Thanks for your thoughts. We want the cookstove for the look and understand a woodstove would be a better performer heat wise

Status
Not open for further replies.