1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Maritimes Canada fall pricing

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by kobalt, Jun 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Liar1_97

Liar1_97 Member

Loc:
    Maritimes
    Kents just dropped the price of the Comfy Cozy brand down to $4.99 a bag, I threw 30 bags on the back of my truck as I was passing through St. Stephen coming back from the States....they may not be the best brand but my stove seems to burn them okay and what the heck they are all going up in smoke anyway....

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Liar1_97

Liar1_97 Member

Loc:
    Maritimes
    Has anyone seen these pellets being sold in any of your local stores? These bags are packaged in 33 lbs bags and they claim that you get the same burn as the 40 lbs bags because of new technology that they are using to produce these pellets???...

Attached Files:

3. jtakeman

jtakeman Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Northwestern CT.
    Very interesting! Love to read about the new technology there using. Can you post a link to there site?
  4. defield

defield New Member

Loc:
    South Central Maine
    I would also be very interested to read about their "new technology".

Sounds like you could get TrulyBurned if you take that statement at face value.

Where is BTU when we need him?? Must be sleeping late . . . .Oh, wait . . . .He is on Arizona time . . . .

Ranger
  5. jtakeman

Loc:
    Northwestern CT.

Attached Files:

6. jtakeman

Loc:
    Northwestern CT.
    The busy seasons a coming and you are worried about your tan??? Hmmmm! :p

I found this but I don't think its related to the Trueburns!

http://woodpelletsnews.com/index.ph...nergy-resources&catid=1:latest-news&Itemid=50

7. defield

defield New Member

Loc:
    South Central Maine
    "Torification" sounds like something one would do to earn 5 to 10 ( years) in a maximum security correctional facility.

Ranger
  8. jtakeman

Loc:
    Northwestern CT.
    The guy that did the grass pellets for imacman, schoondog and myself. Does it with his left over grass pellets and I think he calls it green coal? I have a hard enough time with pellets to even try to get into that! But they use the pellets in gardens once torified.
  9. Liar1_97

Liar1_97 Member

Loc:
    Maritimes
  10. jtakeman

Loc:
    Northwestern CT.
    Looking at the link it states ash level less than 5%, I sure hope they meant less then .5%

If you do burn some please let us know how they go. I have gotten some nice pellets from up north!
  11. pete324rocket

pete324rocket Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    albert county, new brunswick
    There is "no claim" made by this company in print or by word of mouth from them that smaller 15 kilogram bags (33 pounds) equals the same output as a 40 pound bag. Yes the bags are smaller,but easier to handle....thats all. I just bought some today,have used them before last year,they give good heat and are as good as any premium pellet out there. At $4.50 a bag presently,they rank in price when you figure it out,being in the ballpark of the others,give or take a little. The email address of the company is on the bag...if anyone wants to verify what I say,I will provide it.
  12. hossthehermit

hossthehermit Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Maine, ayuh, by gorry
    Gee, wonder if regular folks can post pics like this in this forum???
  13. jtakeman

Loc:
    Northwestern CT.
    pete324rocket, Thanks for clearing that up, You would figure if the had a super pellet or something special, They would have the info right on the bags!
  14. Liar1_97

Liar1_97 Member

Loc:
    Maritimes
    They have posted on Kijiji in the Fredericton area and I quote

" TRUEBURN PREMIUM WOOD PELLETS"

"Trueburn Premium Wood Pellets 15kg/33lb bags. 70% Hardwood 30% Softwood The new 33lb bags burn almost as long as the 40lb bags.

For pricing Call Canadian Lumber Company Ltd at 453-9126"

So it may not be a direct claim but they sure were pointing in that direction
  15. jtakeman

Loc:
    Northwestern CT.
    Sounds like "Canadian Lumber Company Ltd" was the one making that claim, Not the Pellet manu.

How many bags do you get in a ton?
  16. 56 chevtruck

56 chevtruck New Member

Loc:
    nova scotia canada
    still sounds like snake oil claim to sell their pellets. if same price as 40lb bag and heat output not proven i would pass. they would have to burn hotter than lignetics for me to buy them.
  17. pete324rocket

Loc:
    The persons/people making the claim are NOT the manufacturers. The pellet mill is in Hillsborough Albert County....a long ways from Fredericton. Kijiji is a place where you may get what you pay for...and you might not.That should be a given.
  18. imacman

imacman Guest

One would hope 61, otherwise it's false advertising.

As for the statement "The new 33lb bags burn almost as long as the 40lb bags".....yes, that would be absolutely true. :roll:
  19. Delta-T

Delta-T Minister of Fire

Loc:
    NH
    unless of course they mean "metric ton", the plot thickens.
  20. pete324rocket

Loc:
    Wal-mart in Moncton selling pellets from Winnipeg I think it was for 5.97 or something like that a bag. They sold pellets last year as well and I told them several times to bring them in but I was hoping they would bring some competition in the prices...but not at 6 bucks a bag.
  21. fedtime

fedtime Member

Loc:
    Down East Canada
    I used an on-line BTU comparison tool a few years ago and determined that at $5.50 per bag, oil was the more economical choice over pellets.

I hate to say that for all of the environmental reasons we all know, but you have to draw the line at some point. I've got three pallets out in the shed (spring deal at $4.50 per bag), but once those are gone I'm back on oil unless the Canadian prices come down.
  22. pete324rocket

Loc:
    home depot in Moncton..eastern embers $ 5.45 a bag 40 pounds
  23. 56 chevtruck

56 chevtruck New Member

Loc:
    nova scotia canada
    maybe prices are gonna drop or stores just matching?is there piercys stores in new brunswick.? pierceys $5.47 here. rona was $4.99 if pierceys is staying at $5.47 home depot will beat it. customer service told me at home depot.
  24. pete324rocket

Loc:
    I just saw a 2 tractor loads of trueburns go by the house and one load was in those giant sacks.I gotta find out what the deal is on them.
  25. Liar1_97

Liar1_97 Member

Loc:
    Maritimes
    Kent's in St. Stephen is now sold out of the old stock Comfy Cozy and the new shipment won't be in till the first of October with the price back up to $5.49 a bag.....
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.