1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Market for Efel Wood Stove

Post in 'Classic Wood Stove Forums (prior to approx. 1993)' started by dylskee, Aug 17, 2013.

1. dylskee

dylskee Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Central MA
    I have a 1988 Feel Harmony Catalytic Wood Stove Model # 386.75 and I was wondering if it would be worth it to sell it or scrap it? I used it for the last 11 years, it was installed in the house I bought. Worked great but the catalyst burned away and I wanted a new stove so I bought a Woodstock Fireview. The Feel needs a new catalyst which I found online for $300.! Just wondering if there was a market for these stoves or should I just bring it to the scrap yard for a couple hundred bucks?
    Efel.jpg

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. begreen

begreen Mooderator Staff Member

Loc:
    South Puget Sound, WA
    dylskee likes this.
  3. dylskee

dylskee Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Central MA
    WOW! Thanks begreen! I searched everywhere last year and the cheapest I found was $295. I am cleaning out the cellar in a couple weeks for a pellet stove install and this Feel is taking up some valuable room. But I will buy that for sure and get some decent money for the stove. Thanks again sir.....
  4. webbie

webbie Seasoned Moderator Staff Member

Loc:
    Western Mass.
    That's a fairly modern stove - so, yeah, it has some value. You can always sell it cheap ($250 or so) as-is and let the buyer haul, clean and find the cat, etc.....

If the interior is all melted or cracked, through, parts could be hard to obtain which would lower the value.
  5. dylskee

dylskee Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Central MA
    I had to break off a few bolt heads to get a bracket off so I have to drill out the bolts and clean it up a bit. I'll be fixing it up pretty soon though, got to clean out the basement for another project. I will leave the cat up to the buyer though, just incase it doesn't sell I don't want to have a brand new cat in it.......