Marketing & Manufactureres, LTD Premium Wood Pellets Swansea, MA

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

splash

Jul 12, 2008
western ma
Is anyone burning these pellets. I bought 2 tons this year and hate them. The ash pan is full every other day; the glass is completely covered; the burn pot is never full. When I dump a bag into the hopper it is full of dust like pieces. The pellet is dark. The bag says it is PFI certified, hardwood blend, low ash and high heat avg 8,200 - 8,300 BTU's. Environmentally friendly and clean renewable energy. The heat seems to be ok. These pellets clogged up my vent pipe really bad and I had a puff back. I have a Breckwell P23. Yes it's been cleaned.

I tried a few bags, and found them to be similar to your findings. He did say that they were changing suppliers because fo the ash issue, but who knows.

I tried them also, found them at Benny's on sale for about $5.00. Full of dust, glass got dirty quickly. Only used 4-5 bags but that was enough. Wouldn't buy them again.

I have a ton and a half left. I am thinking about trying to return the unopened ton.

Oh, someone else advised me to mix with really good brand but I just want to get rid of them.

splash said:
Is anyone burning these pellets. I bought 2 tons this year and hate them. The ash pan is full every other day; the glass is completely covered; the burn pot is never full. When I dump a bag into the hopper it is full of dust like pieces. The pellet is dark. The bag says it is PFI certified, hardwood blend, low ash and high heat avg 8,200 - 8,300 BTU's. Environmentally friendly and clean renewable energy. The heat seems to be ok. These pellets clogged up my vent pipe really bad and I had a puff back. I have a Breckwell P23. Yes it's been cleaned.

I tried 2 bags of them at the beginning of this heating season.
They left much ash and the pellets were short and dark in color.
They were extremely similiar to the Maine Woods pellets...
So much so i owuld guess that was the supplier!

I went in with several co workers on a load of 36 tons of the MAINE WOODS PELLETS from Athems, Maine. These pellets are horrible! Last year I used New England Wood Pellets brand and they were far better than these "Premium Pellets". I researched several companies last year and MAINE WOODS stated they are the cleanest, lowest ash and highest BTU. Well, they are wrong. Every co worker including myself are not happy with them. A co worker called the company and they stated they had a "BAD BATCH" and if we wanted to return them we could.... The catch was we had to bring them to their plant 2+ hours north of us. (I would have to make 3 trips where I bought 3 tons) I use a Harman Accentra insert and have had a pine odor when burning some of the pellets and have had excessive build up in my stove. Smells like they are mixing in pine - imagine what it's doing to the inside of my stove. Do not recommend these pellets to anyone. Once mine are gone I'm going with another company. The company should remove the name MAINE from their business name because it's a disgrace to the state.

I paid $245.00 a ton.

Go with New England Wood Pellet Company unless you know of a better company! Any suggestions in Southern Maine???

PHROCANO said:
I went in with several co workers on a load of 36 tons of the MAINE WOODS PELLETS from Athems, Maine. These pellets are horrible! Last year I used New England Wood Pellets brand and they were far better than these "Premium Pellets". I researched several companies last year and MAINE WOODS stated they are the cleanest, lowest ash and highest BTU. Well, they are wrong. Every co worker including myself are not happy with them. A co worker called the company and they stated they had a "BAD BATCH" and if we wanted to return them we could.... The catch was we had to bring them to their plant 2+ hours north of us. (I would have to make 3 trips where I bought 3 tons) I use a Harman Accentra insert and have had a pine odor when burning some of the pellets and have had excessive build up in my stove. Smells like they are mixing in pine - imagine what it's doing to the inside of my stove. Do not recommend these pellets to anyone. Once mine are gone I'm going with another company. The company should remove the name MAINE from their business name because it's a disgrace to the state.

I paid $245.00 a ton.

Go with New England Wood Pellet Company unless you know of a better company! Any suggestions in Southern Maine???

You are preaching to the chior Reverend!

splash said:

Read away...:
https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewthread/24941/

richkorn said:
splash said:

Read away...:
https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewthread/24941/

Good read and I read it all! Everything negative written has happened to me. I must have still gotten some part of the "bad" batch. I contacted the company with good results. I'm going back to New England Wood Pellets next year. hope I can find them after the disaster year with the crooks in Enfield, Ct.

Thanks for sharing.

I returned all of my pellets from this batch of Marketing & Manufactureres, LTD Premium Wood Pellets Swansea, MA that were so bad. I have new bags and they are much much better pellet. I am happy with replacement pellets.

A pellet house local to me has these pellets in house. They told me they are the same as the Maine Woods pellet brand.

1st batch was terrible and second batch was better but still has to much ash.

jay

My new batch has no ash. I am happy with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.