Marks on glass what's going on

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was told that the Ammonia is not good for the Fiber Gasket around the glass..
[dripping down after being sprayed before being wiped]..
doesn't matter as I spray my rag with whatever I use then wipe..

I have been hearing that for decades. Yet on my old stove I used dollar store Windex with ammonia knockoff glass cleaner for 22 years and never had a glass gasket problem. Same with the 30-NC for nine years.

I have been hearing that for decades. Yet on my old stove I used dollar store Windex with ammonia knockoff glass cleaner for 22 years and never had a glass gasket problem. Same with the 30-NC for nine years.
Interesting.....could be... OR,
maybe it's the watered down dollar store ammonia that has no affect on the gasket.
Actually I'm now using a Foam non-ammonia glass cleaner and sometimes the wife's ceramic stove cleaner.

Over the years there was probably just as much real Windex as the dollar store stuff used. Whatever was around at the time. I count the ammonia glass cleaner thing right up there with not burning pine in a stove.

Reactions: bags
I have the same stove and it gets dirty with in hours after I clean the glass(witch I do once a week with my annual cleaning).all I do is get paper towels and wet it up then use a dry one.Comes right out.never had to use any cleaning agents.

Status
Not open for further replies.