Marth Pellets- Opinions? Comments? Experience?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone have any experience with Marth Premium pellets? Been hearing alot of common names mentioned here (Uncle Jeds, MWP, Stove Chow, etc.) but haven't heard of Marth mentioned. Anyone use these?

EDIT: After a few searches on here about Marth, seems they USED to be a good pellet, but went to chit. Those posts seem to be around 2009. Anyone used them in the last few years?

Compared to some of the brands we have available locally, I gave them a thumbs up. Here in New England the 0.40% ash content I got from testing the Marth's was well below the average ash content I got from some of our local brands. I have heard some call them dirty, I'd love to send some Inferno's out there for a comparison.

Hardwoods average more here too(About 0.65%), But the better brands can rival the softwoods. Softwoods here are less than 0.3%. Douglas Fir will spoil you as I have seen less the 0.17% the cleanest I have burned to date! Douglas fir here is through the roof, Well over $300/ton.

The Marth's that I tested (about the same time as Jay did), burned great in my stove. Buy a few test bags to try first, as always.

Tan bags were good in 2009. Didn't see any last year. Try before you buy big quantity.

Schoondog

Their softwoods are waaaaay better.
The brown bag hardwoods are hit and miss.
My local Fleet Farm sells softwoods.
My dealer had the hardwoods for $165/ton last year so I bought a ton.
I regretted that decision the whole time I was burning that ton.

Local Menard's has the green and white bagged ones for $175/ton, I bought one just because I'm a sucker for that price. They had some Indeck's too, but the ones I had last year left waves of ash in my stove. Daily.

Status
Not open for further replies.