Maryland zeroing in on Woodburning Boilers

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

citizanken

Oct 19, 2006
Smithsburg, Maryland
I came across this article today that I thought was interesting.

http://wbal.com/news/story.asp?articleid=50538

It sounds like they are already illegal in MD but they don't mess with you unless someone complains. Odd that they are allowed to sell them in this State, I wonder if the dealer warns the unsuspecting buyers they may get a visit from a code enforcement inspector??

**Edited for spelling**

This is just another mainstream BS article that only get's one side view of the story. Typical liberal one way trash n' bash talk. They are worried about toxic air but they all start up their car every day. Hypicritical F**ks. If these clean air activists would'nt stop us from drilling our own oil on our own soil and nearby water we would not have to rely so much on the foreign imports. 1st they want to take away your guns. Now wood boilers?? They can go to hell ... all of em... nuff said .

While i'm no fan of outdoor wood boilers, i'm even less of a fan of governments getting involved in banning them. If my neighbor had one and it bothered me i'd let him know (although it wouldn't bother me, but for the sake of discussion) but i would not run off whining to the gov't about my inability to a. tough out a little smoke and b. handle dealings with my friends/ family/ and neighbors. it will be the demise of this country, this change in the way of thinking that we are all to be taken care of by the criminal laws and the civil law, the rights of individuals to bring their concerns to the attention of other individuals; although this tradition in the legal system today is being abused as well.

If no one complained about the pollution the last generation of woodstoves was putting out, there would never have been a movement to create clean burning stoves.

Just because you don't give a damn about the environment and the health impact your woodburning habits have on other people doesn't mean other people should have to "deal" with the potentially hazardous conditions you're creating. We all have a responsibility in one way or another. Some of us don't need rules to recycle, burn clean fuels and keeps our cars running clean and efficient. Others amongst us need a reminder now and again that their ignorant decisions effect others besides themselves.

Corie said:
If no one complained about the pollution the last generation of woodstoves was putting out, there would never have been a movement to create clean burning stoves.

Just because you don't give a damn about the environment and the health impact your woodburning habits have on other people doesn't mean other people should have to "deal" with the potentially hazardous conditions you're creating. We all have a responsibility in one way or another. Some of us don't need rules to recycle, burn clean fuels and keeps our cars running clean and efficient. Others amongst us need a reminder now and again that their ignorant decisions effect others besides themselves.

Well said Corie.

Its one thing for the government to control everything but people need to make there own stand with out somebody having to hold there hand to do so.

But they let people fill up the restrants full of tabocco smoke.

johnsopi said:
But they let people fill up the restrants full of tabocco smoke.

Don't worry...MD is taking care of that county by county:(

As far as wood boilers, I could probably get away with it in my neighborhood (neighbors not too close), but there are a lot of communities around here in which the homes are literally 10' apart.

berlin said:
While i'm no fan of outdoor wood boilers, i'm even less of a fan of governments getting involved in banning them. If my neighbor had one and it bothered me i'd let him know (although it wouldn't bother me, but for the sake of discussion) but i would not run off whining to the gov't about my inability to a. tough out a little smoke and b. handle dealings with my friends/ family/ and neighbors. it will be the demise of this country, this change in the way of thinking that we are all to be taken care of by the criminal laws and the civil law, the rights of individuals to bring their concerns to the attention of other individuals; although this tradition in the legal system today is being abused as well.

Well, if the law says I can't go next door and kick his ass if he is choking me to death and won't stop then the law better be ready to do it for me. Can't have it one sided.

This is not a new issue. These manufactures knew that their products put out a large vollume of objectional smoke.
They have decided to keep their heads in the sand,till regulatory agencies had to step in. The technology has been there to advoid government intervention. Talking about shooting yourself in the foot

Status
Not open for further replies.