Massachusetts pellet buy question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JRA

Feeling the Heat
Nov 24, 2014
north shore ma
Question for Massachusetts folks. This is my first off season coming up with a pellet stove. Is it beneficial to wait for the pre buy in April to get the best price on pellets or is it better to wait an additional month and try my luck in May or maybe June? Prices are very high here as it just wanted to see what everyone else does. Thanks.

Question for Massachusetts folks. This is my first off season coming up with a pellet stove. Is it beneficial to wait for the pre buy in April to get the best price on pellets or is it better to wait an additional month and try my luck in May or maybe June? Prices are very high here as it just wanted to see what everyone else does. Thanks.
May or June is when I get mine. Lowest price in that time frame But I am in CT

In Maine, best buys from independant pellet dealers is summer. My guess is mainly the well to do will stock up in April and dealers know it. Most pellet buyers are ready for a breather after a long cold winter.

..Most pellet buyers are ready for a breather after a long cold winter.
The_fonz_thumbs_up.jpg

Dealer pricing is usual best in April. Boxes are usually in early summer. TSC specifically. You just never know what you are gonna get from the boxes but can save some money if you are not too picky

When it is still cool out they are looking for top dollar. When they are not moving off the shelf is when they will sell them cheeper

I would not buy in April this year. Prices I've seen are stupid high.

Wait. Gouging still going on at some vendors and certainly private resellers but long range weather forecast suggests that is about to stop.

Status
Not open for further replies.