Massive Ash takes revenge on WoodButcher

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

WOODBUTCHER

Minister of Fire
As Duke Nuk'em would say.......hmmmm, what a mess!
Yet another tree seeks revenge on the WoodButcher.
Trunk is over 4' in diameter, how old ....who knows?
Ant infested, poison ivy infested........
Right across the driveway.........This sucker fell after I left for work...........

WB

Attachments

• DSC_3657.jpg
    DSC_3657.jpg
    130.3 KB · Views: 824
  • DSC_3656.jpg
    DSC_3656.jpg
    132.7 KB · Views: 835
Well man if it was easy everyone would be doing it:) Get a cutting bud!
Duke Nukem! Too funny. Did you know they were releasing a new version of that game this year?

Come get some. Do you still need 98 running on a machine somewhere for the new version?

SolarAndWood said:
Come get some. Do you still need 98 running on a machine somewhere for the new version?

lol, no. Duke Forever will run on modern computers. I think it's also going to be on XBox 360 and other game consoles.

I'm done dealing with poison ivy wood btw. I just cut 1/2 cord worth of firewood from around where some old farm implements were (grandfather passed away and I inherited them). Luckily no poison ivy ON the wood, just around it and all of that is dead since the snow just finished melting out. In the summer the poison ivy stands 3ft tall or so.

Jags said:
Looks like that tree is way past its good days. Is there any firewood left or is it all punk?
60% I can burn the other will get tossed to the side for the fire pit.

Looks like a bomb with off! Trees will be kicking someone's @ss way after we are gone.

The new duke nukem has been in development for a real long time, btw. Company even sold once during it's creation. Hope it's worth the wait.

Get that Ash!

RowCropRenegade said:
The new duke nukem has been in development for a real long time, btw. Company even sold once during it's creation. Hope it's worth the wait.

Get that Ash!

15 years now. It's beyond "long" development time...it's legendary. And it's been delayed again even on this new launch. So who knows if it'll ever really come out.

That was a huge ash. Glad it got down with no harm being done. I'd guess you could get at least 75% of that wood.

RowCropRenegade said:

Get that Ash!

3D REALMS really screwed that up. Originally it was developed using the quake 2 engine after scrapping the Prey engine around 1997
(when Voodoo 3DFX graphics went belly up once Microsoft trumped it with Direct X.) Then it switched to the UNREAL engine in 1998 and they sat on it "Forever" .
3DREALMS then cut the cord in 2009 and laid off everyone.........Gearbox software came into play in late 2009 and now in few weeks......it's finally here...

WoodButcher
Let God Sort'em Out!

Backwoods Savage said:
That was a huge ash. Glad it got down with no harm being done. I'd guess you could get at least 75% of that wood.
Some good rounds.....I cut all the poison Ivy vines around this sucker 2 summers ago, the next day it was hot and I expected major wilt. But to my surprised very few did.
When it fell, I discovered that Inside the trunk maybe 15' up the Poison Ivy had rooted into it. It's like pure organic soil inside that old tree.

WB

WOODBUTCHER said:
Backwoods Savage said:
Some good rounds.....I cut all the poison Ivy vines around this sucker 2 summers ago, the next day it was hot and I expected major wilt. But to my surprised very few did.
When it fell, I discovered that Inside the trunk maybe 15' up the Poison Ivy had rooted into it. It's like pure organic soil inside that old tree.

WB

We had an old willow tree that was like that inside - crazy! Looked like someone had dumped a couple 50lb bags of all natural soil in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.