Material for blocking plate?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tfenn1

Nov 16, 2006
I am waiting for my Osburn 2200 insert to arrive and want to install a blocking plate and my flex liner while I'm waitng for it. What type of material should I use for the blocking plate? Is there a type of pour insulation that can be used to insulate between the liner and the existing flue and is this even something that is worth doing?

It may be best to wait for your stove because liner placement will depend on where the flue collar lines up from the stove. And thus the blockoff plate is the final piece to the puzzle.

GVA said:
It may be best to wait for your stove because liner placement will depend on where the flue collar lines up from the stove. And thus the blockoff plate is the final piece to the puzzle.

I second that motion. I put it in before the stove arrived based on the manufacturer's specs and had to rip it out and do it again.

As to material, the six buck piece of galvanized sheet metal in the plumbing section at Lowe's will do it just fine. Look over in the duct work section. The employees won't have a clue.

Status
Not open for further replies.