Math and Market challenged on CL

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's funny.It looks just like the Black Cherry I scrounged on local CL for FREE in late April,very close to same dimensions also..Should end up with close to $500 after milling the rest into blocks/slabs for woodturning,carving etc.Keeping a few for myself too.

Sounds like that "Washington DC math" alright. ;)

Can't decide what the seller has in mind.. Are they thinking the rounds are for a woodworker who will turn bowls or somesuch with it? If they manage to sell about half of it at $25 ea, they could buy a cord. Interesting.

Holy Crap!! So much wrong with that ad. It says right in there it's for firewood. I think it should have been turned into lumber, but it STILL probably would not have been worth $500. Must be a case of "Since it's mine, it MUST be worth a premium."

The price is ridiculous, obviously, but WOW those are some beautiful rounds. I would love to get those, for free though! :)

The price is ridiculous, obviously, but WOW those are some beautiful rounds. I would love to get those, for free though! :)

Yeah. Definitely precision cut with a laser! ;)

I thought I was bad with my precise cuts? Makes my work look amateur. :(

I'd sell lots if I could get even close to those prices. Ha! Fat chance.

Good luck on the $25 a round....lol

Status
Not open for further replies.