1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Matherly Energy Saver any resale value?

Post in 'Classic Wood Stove Forums (prior to approx. 1993)' started by Driver, Mar 27, 2014.

1. Driver

Driver Member

Loc:
    Southwestern Va
    Does anyone have an idea of the value, if any of this insert? Sell it or scrap it? It came with the house, installed in the basement fireplace. It looked hardly used by the previous owner & I only had it fired up 3-4 times, for a day or 2 at a time over the past 14 years, when the outside temps dropped to around 0. I'm shopping for a replacement for my old reliable Appalachian 52 main heat source upstairs, and am going to move it to the basement for backup heat, so the Matherly has to go.
    I can't find any info on this brand anywhere.

. 100_1813 (640x473).jpg
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2014

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. webbie

webbie Seasoned Moderator Staff Member

Loc:
    Western Mass.
    Well, that is certainly not a stove which was ever advertised or sold nationally - looks like yet another Fisher copy!

It would probably be worth selling - lots of folks who can't spend the money for a new stove, yet need the heat. Price always depends on what they do - that is, do they move it from where it sits, etc.

I'd say $150-$250 depending on how charitable you feel....the higher figure assumes very good condition inside, the lower if it's a beater.
  3. Driver

Driver Member

Loc:
    Southwestern Va
    Thanks webbie, it's really in great condition,firebrick lined sides and bottom with a blower. It heats well but just a slammer installation, I want to put a stainless liner in for the Appalachian. Once I get it out I'll try listing it for sale and see what happens.
  4. begreen

begreen Mooderator Staff Member

Loc:
    South Puget Sound, WA
    We're at the end of the burning season for most now. If you can dry store it until fall you may get a bit better price for it.