MAX CADDY INFO

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

zojo

Aug 27, 2010
US
Hi guys, thanks for the all the great insight I have already gotten from just reading the forum. From what I have read, I ended up replacing my Hearthstone I with a Max Caddy. So far so good, and I am hoping to cut down my wood consumption, or at least be more comfortable. My question is about the hot water loop, and the back up electric element available for this unit. Has any one used the domestic hot water loop? Is it effective? Do you guys know what amperage the electric heat element draws? Thanks in advance, and bring on the cold.

I'm not sure there's many Max Caddy users on here, if that's the case contact Fyrebug and he will help answer your questions. Do you have the Max Caddy installed now? If so how do you like it and do you have pics? We have the Caddy and I love our furnace.

Hi Zojo, I work for PSG.

I'm of course biased, but there is nothing on the Market like the MAX. For such a big furnace it achieves 82% efficiencies. One of the reason is the blower is self modulating, and the electronics keep the plenum temp constant no matter where in the combustion cycle. That means no condensation (creosote). Only wood burning furnace in the market that does so. Great airwash on the glass so you can keep an eye on what is going on. AC ready, CSA B415.10 emission ready which is likely to be the new EPA for furnace etc...

You have the options of 20Kw and 25Kw elements. With this in, your furnace is now a 'legal' stand alone furnace. No need for an additional furnace.

The water loop works great. You need a buffer tank and do some piping. You may want to download the manual first to find out how to go about it.
http://www.psg-distribution.com/for...=images/poeles/manuel_en/4518107102011164.pdf

Let me know if you have any questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.