Max Lite LED undercabinet lighting?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

basod

Minister of Fire
Sep 11, 2009
Mount Cheaha Alabama
Anyone have these installed. I don't see a whole lot of reviews that are negative(could be screened).
I pulled all the leads when I renovated the kitchen last spring and planned on purchasing some.
I know they seem pricey but the alternative fixtures have less LED's and are 2x as much i.e. Kichler.
http://www.greenelectricalsupply.com/led-lighting-fixture.aspx

My wife purchased something similar on Amazon. Don't remember the brand. It came in 4 sections each about 6" in length. It included the power supply. She paid around $30. The lighting is a soft white (bit of a yellow tint). The mounting was the original problem. The doublestick adhesive pads that were included would not hold the unit to the bottom side of the cabinet. I had some 3M exterior double sided tape, used it and have not had a problem in 6 months.

Just purchased a Zilotech 6"x6" LED task light, included the power supply. Paid $15 at the local Menards. Installed it about a week ago. This is when I discovered that the other unit was a soft white. This unit is a bright white light (very bright). Make sure you have the same light on all units (bright or soft).

Hope this helps

I know the ones your talking about.
They have the transformer/plug.
I didn't want to get into anything that required a driver-most LED's are LV DC.
These are self driven direct wire and dimmable.
I had found another distributor that deffinately recommends the daylight over the bright white
I'll update when they show up and get them installed

I bought the puck style lights at Lowes a few years ago and love them, of course they don't carry them any more.

Don't remember the brand. led strips 12v It came in 4 sections each about 6" in length. It included the power supply. She paid around $30. The lighting is a soft white (bit of a yellow tint).flexible led strip light The mounting was the original problem. The doublestick adhesive pads that were included LED Tube would not hold the unit to the bottom side of the cabinet. I had some 3M exterior double sided tape, used it and have not had a problem in 6 months.

We have under cabinet LEDs in the kitchen. On low, the Kill-a-Watt meter does not even tick over all night. My theory is folks visiting the refrigerator will not turn on the overhead light if the LEDs are on. It works.

Hello

No but I have seen 2 wire 120v LED warm white rope light for under cabinet use. You can order the length you need in 3' 3" increments!

I use them for my old shed so I can switch them on from the house to see my way in there at night! See pic below.

Best of all at $12 bucks for 9' 9" it is CHEAP!

So here is the site I ordered the rope light. > http://mengmengusainc.com/

Call the toll free # is the best way to order.

Attachments

• ShedLight1.jpg
    ShedLight1.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 138
  • ShedLight2.jpg
    ShedLight2.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 133
  • ShedLight3.jpg
    ShedLight3.jpg
    7.8 KB · Views: 135
Don,
Any idea how the LED rope you bought holds up in the weather and sunlight.
I was thinking of attaching something like this below my deck rails.

Status
Not open for further replies.