Maxim problems

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
for those who don't know,
CB now has a stainless steel aerator (stirator) paddle that they are testing right now, should be out soon, cost expected to be about $120.
for those who burn pellets mostly,
CB is working on a kit to add a fire extinguisher to the Maxim, it connects to the boiler drain and when the temp in the upper auger gets to high it dumps boiler water into the upper auger.

I got rid of my lower auger jamming problems by turning the upper auger ratio down one notch, since then I have had no pellets in the drop every time I check it. I now can put "spoiled" pellets in my hopper (1 bag to a hopper full) with out getting any jams.
My dealer told me he had one guy who had a hopper fire last year, after they replaced the gaskets he used it for heat the rest of the season before sending it back to CB for a refurb.

A few weeks ago the dealer's tech unexpectedly showed up at my son's home in NH and installed an experimental stainless steel aerator.

Then, he discovered the the "Maines Choice" pellets he purchased last spring weren't properly packaged and absorbed moisture. The Keene, NH dealer was going to replace 5.5 tons of Maines Choice with 6 tons of NEWP pellets.

The bad pellets has muddied an early opinion about the effectiveness of the new aerator.

Status
Not open for further replies.