Maximizing efficiency from my stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kofkorn

Feeling the Heat
Dec 3, 2008
Central MA
Hello all,

This one should get things hopping a bit. :)

I've had an idea (Mike, plug your ears and look away) of bolting 3 or 4 computer-type fans to the back of my 55-SHP25 in an effort to flow some additional air out of those really pretty louvers in the front of the stove. I'm hoping that it will help increase the efficiency by using the sides of the combustion chamber as well as the top.

Does anyone else here have a homemade getup to increase the efficiency? I've seen some people hooking up to their existing HVAC units to move the air with varying effectiveness. Anything else? Is there any way of boosting the efficiency for a reasonable cost?

I'm a fairly handy guy with access to virtually any tools and materials.

So let's here what's out there!

Status
Not open for further replies.