May I help you?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
ISeeDeadBTUs said:
Makes you wonder what 'Plan B' was??

Plans B - Z:

chuck_norris.jpg

ActualLEE had that happen a few years ago cept it was 2 cubs and mom . No ladder , they were coming up the tree to meet me in my climber. Mom just stood back and watched me throw my gloves at them. They went down the tree and played for awhile while mom napped 70 yds away. They went up a tree close awhile later by me while I ate a PBJ sammich. I wasn't too nervous till I came down and walked out in the dark.
Another time I was walking down a gas line in tall goldenrod to check beaver traps and had to stop for a leak. In the midst of said leak a boar stood up 30 feet in front of me and huffed a bunch of times , dropped and took off like a tornado through the brush.
My neighbor shot a 580 lber last week behind my house. Holy Schnikeys!

uncontrolabLEE said:
ActualLEE had that happen a few years ago cept it was 2 cubs and mom . No ladder , they were coming up the tree to meet me in my climber. Mom just stood back and watched me throw my gloves at them. They went down the tree and played for awhile while mom napped 70 yds away. They went up a tree close awhile later by me while I ate a PBJ sammich. I wasn't too nervous till I came down and walked out in the dark.
Another time I was walking down a gas line in tall goldenrod to check beaver traps and had to stop for a leak. In the midst of said leak a boar stood up 30 feet in front of me and huffed a bunch of times , dropped and took off like a tornado through the brush.
My neighbor shot a 580 lber last week behind my house. Holy Schnikeys!

sorry, can't help myself!
i hope you reported the leak to the gas company that was using the gas line.
obviously, the boar smelled the leak also-judging by the way it was huffing

I had a big old sow come up to my tent like that once. After that I stopped sleeping in a tent unless it rained. What's the point.

Is it just me, or was that bear behaving exactly like a housecat, the way it was 'tip toeing' around, freezing for moments at a time, etc?

We used to have a 300+ female with a yearliing and a cub that would frequent our dumpsters every Spring. Now, I've seen plenty of racoons, rats, and any manner of critter frequent a dumpster. You toss in the garbage and you can see the eyes stare up at you. No bother. Different kind of sensation when you're <2' from a large black bear. Close enough for a swat you'd never see coming. The scent fills more than your nose. I don't want to know what a brown bear would be like. One time the yearling came straight into the kitchen, guess he figured he was sick of waiting. It used to be a show, and the restaurant would clear out to watch the bears in the parking lot, then 1/2 later I was left picking up the trash. One time a drunk ass*(*le tried to pet the cub and we were going to let him do it but the owner's wife freaked out (worried about the lawsuit) and we had to intervene with the pellet gun to get momma and the two cubs to cut short the show.

LOL . . . I MEANT . . . I wonder what the BEARS Plan B was ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.