Maybe he has small feet...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nate Finch

Aug 25, 2010
Harvard, MA
(from craigslist)
I have 3 cords of chestnut wood cut not split and I also have at least 2 more cords in board length not cut up. Trees were 4 feet in dia. I also will have at least 3 cords of ash once tree is down. That tree is 7 ft in dia. I am asking 300 for the cut up wood make a offer on the rest.

Uhh.. chestnut? Really? 7 feet in diameter? Really? Maybe he means circumference?

Dont you believe the guy ;)

make sure you take that camera when you go get it. I want to see a pic of that stump.....

Nothing to it. 7 feet ain't no big deal.

Figuringhowtonotchit-b.gif

I'm pretty sure he's referring to the Ash tree.......not that it changes much about the ad.

(you're right about the ash tree... I misread)

Backwoods - Maybe in the redwood forests out West it's no big deal, but nothing like that exists in Massachusetts, at least not that I've ever seen.

Nate Finch said:

Backwoods - Maybe in the redwood forests out West it's no big deal, but nothing like that exists in Massachusetts, at least not that I've ever seen.
You just need to get out more :)

Nate Finch said:

I've got a few MASSIVE Sycamore out my way, but they're maybe 5' dia at the most.

Attachments

• IMG00140.jpg
    IMG00140.jpg
    121.8 KB · Views: 335
I have some giant Ash, Oak, Cherry and Sycamore. I have one Ash tree that has four trunks and each trunk is probably 4 feet in diameter. 4X4 would be 16 feet total. I hope it does not die from the Ash borer.

Nate Finch said:

Fattest tree I've seen in MA is the copper Beech in my mother's yard...sucker is a good 5-6 feet is diameter.

mayhem said:
Nate Finch said:

Fattest tree I've seen in MA is the copper Beech in my mother's yard...sucker is a good 5-6 feet is diameter.

thats a big a$$ tree right there. theres probably some big ones on private properties randomly thoughout NE but on the whole there aren't many, if any trees that would be 7' across. maybe some that split off young and have several trunks.

Status
Not open for further replies.