Maybe I Got Too Much

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TomR

Nov 12, 2011
Central CT
My stove is being installed in 2 weeks - a Harman P68. Stove Chow was on sale at Home Depot for 209 per Ton so I thought it would be a good time to get 4 Tons. It was a lot of work getting it in the garage, but a good workout, and actually kind of fun. I'm looking forward to burning a good mix of Pellets and Wood this coming winter. I didn't transport it myself so I don't think I qualify for Pellet Pig Status but I'm getting close right?

My stove is being installed in 2 weeks - a Harman P68. Stove Chow was on sale at Home Depot for 209 per Ton so I thought it would be a good time to get 4 Tons. It was a lot of work getting it in the garage, but a good workout, and actually kind of fun. I'm looking forward to burning a good mix of Pellets and Wood this coming winter. I didn't transport it myself so I don't think I qualify for Pellet Pig Status but I'm getting close right?
I thought there was some kind of a waiver if you had "multiple tons" delivered in one trip......I would think that 4 tons delivered and then stacked by you would get you in the club,but need jay or eric or imacman or dexter to confirm this.....A couple of pics of said stash in the garage might further your cause...If there is a souped up car or a nice motorcycle or a boat in the pic also, so much the better your chances.......

Reactions: SteveB
Pellet%2520Pig.JPG

Well, no classic car but this picture does showcase my wife's bicycle. Now despite the fact that the bicycle has not been ridden in at least a decade immediately following stacking the pellets I was asked by my wife "How will I get to my bike?". I pretended not to understand the question.

My generator is under the work bench. Now I have to see about making sure that my stove circuit is on the transfer switch. :)

Your pellet stove is only as good as the surge supressor its plugged into.If you dont have one-they really push that here.....Search "surge supressors" and you will get caught up real quick.......If you have one already,WTG!!

TomR,

I'll toss your name in the ring for being a pellet pig, but the hogs want to know why they should expect piggish behavior from you on a regular basis. The hogs are very demanding.

Now if a pig would second the nomination a meeting can be called for a membership vote.

4 tons delivered and restacked by yourself??? I would apply and see what the Big Pigs say? 4 tons is a good stash and you got it early.

Although as time goes on, your stacking (OCD SKILLS) will get better :)

Looks awesome. Congrats

Reactions: The Ds
Status
Not open for further replies.