Maybe some snow on the way

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Milt said:
bogydave said:
Milt said:
I have a big sandstone boulder out the living room window. If it is dry, the weather is fair, if wet, it is raining, and if I can't see it, it is snowing. One hundred percent accurate.

Most times, simple is best.
Does it move in the wind? :lol:

Too big to blow around, although the wind off the lake tends to put drifts of leaves on the downwind side of it. Sort of like a weathervane too, now that you mention it. :)

I like it ;)
My shop is like that. If the garage door is drifted shut, the wind blew 30 MPH or more. :)
Never thought of doing a wind study before I built it at the angle it's at to the wind.

Did you get he storm on your side of the lake?

We ended up with around 6" and it was a mess for sure.

I'll be down in the Great Smoky Mountains starting this weekend all through next week, and it's already snowy at the higher elevations... My weather report is coming via text msg (twitter SmokiesRoadsNPS messages getting sent to my phone), all I care about is whether Newfound Gap Rd. is open or not. Well I wanna show my wife Cades Cove too, and we're gonna have to bust on over to Asheville one of those days.
This is what I'm looking forward to...

Status
Not open for further replies.