Maybe winter won't be so bad..........

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I

imacman

as the "predictions" are saying. I saw this little guy yesterday, and he's telling a different story.
images.jpeg
Please, please, please be right.

Reactions: SteveB
I saw one with lots of brown also. But the acorns are plump this year. We'll know for sure in March!

one thing i know is that my neck of the woods is getting no snow . wanna know how i know ? ........ because i'm buying a new snowblower :)
That's definitely the best way to know for sure there will be nothing!

Reactions: save$
I wish the buying a new snowblower thought would work. I bought myself a birthday present of one three years ago and went through over 15 gallons of gas in a ten horse two stage.

Bought a new snow-blower 2 years ago.... Haven't used it yet!!

Reactions: RCCARPS
I'll believe the farmer's almanac over a dumb bug...

Been seeing a lot of black ones here as well as some like that one. Seems they can't make up their minds.

Seen way more than usual in my yard this year. The turkeys love em.

Some of those critters are tourists so they may be from Ecuador, not much cold and snow down around the equator.

We got creamed the last time I bought a Snowblower, that was the first year in this place I had to clean off the deck four times and roof twice. Even had to buy a roof rake.

Realize that the snow had to be removed from the deck, then the roof raked, and the snow removed from the deck. The deck runs the length of the house and is one floor up from the ground.

Reactions: save$
I wish I could look into a weather crystal ball, but there just isn't one. However, looks like winter is getting ready to re -emerge and is really never that far away. That is why I seldom ever pack away my winter clothes and am always on the hunt for pellet bargains.

Last edited:
looks like winter is getting ready to re -emerge and is really never that far away.

I learned a long time ago expect anything in Maine. As the saying goes, wait 5 minutes and the weather will change.

Reactions: SmokeyTheBear
What do the colors mean again?

I saw 2 on my back porch today and they were so light tan they were almost blond. One had black on the very tip

I have never seen such light ones

Status
Not open for further replies.