Maybe winter won't be so bad..........

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Eating lobster under a tarp ! Now that's clean living !

The last batch of dark stuff I whipped up was some Highland Heavy Ale, which isn't quite ready to consume. It isn't a particularly strong brew, my blackberry wine has far more kick to it, alas it is also not ready, nor is the apple/pear wine. So lately I've been working on some Angry Orchard stuff. The boss let me buy a variety pack.

That ale sounds tasty. Looks like you timed it well. Any brown brew is good in my book. That and Miller Lite, go figure. Think it's a NH redneck thing. Tempted to try the Angry Orchard stuff but I'm thinking angry heartburn is sure to follow.

That ale sounds tasty. Looks like you timed it well. Any brown brew is good in my book. That and Miller Lite, go figure. Think it's a NH redneck thing. Tempted to try the Angry Orchard stuff but I'm thinking angry heartburn is sure to follow.

Honey Brown is my favorite.

Miller lite is my go to . Must be because I'm so close to the border . Also Angry Orchard is good stuff !

They don't eat those large bugs. Just sell them to the rest of the country. ;lol

BB - Remembering a great line from the movie Nevada Smith.

"Mr. Smith, how did you like your lobster?"

"Well mam that was the biggest bug I ever ate."

No acorns to speak of on my neighbor's 100 year old oak... too many chestnuts on my damn lawn from the 60' tree my wife planted that she said would only grow to 12'... and my snowblower is broke... the insurance company sez I have to remove the pellet stove from my shop... don't know what all his means but I think I'm screwed regardless...

Reactions: SmokeyTheBear
What is the reasoning behind requesting you remove to pellet stove? Its an approved heating unit and installed per manual yes?

You should be drinking Fatty Bampkins ;)

Actually I should be making a new batch and finish drinking what Isti9ll have left from last year. I'm trying to save some bottles of a couple of batches of brews for the wassail bowl.

and a great winter is one where it's unusually cheap to heat your home.:)
and have enough money left in the budget to pay the spring property taxes

and have enough money left in the budget to pay the spring property taxes

Those are escrowed out of the mortgage payments already so they're covered but if I had a little extra money in the spring I'm sure there would be something that the kids need. They're like pacman when it comes to daddy's money, gobbling it all up.

But hey it's October and supposed to be 80 degrees today here in NH with forecasts for the 70's through the next 10 days. No one appreciates those Indian Summers as much as the guy paying the heating bills.

gonna have to run the a/c to cool the room down enough to sleep tonight... maybe the wooly bear is right...

Fired up the Elena as we dropped 20 degrees this afternoon with rain. There go the leaves. Possible snow showers by weekend. Nice to have the stove ready.

Yeah, but it's not going on here, and it's not in my 10 day forecast....that's all I care about. ==c

Respect the wooly bear!!

Just to knock that woolly again there was one in the driveway that was almost totally black, and one on the walkway that was half and half. So what's your forecast from those two data points?

Reactions: subsailor
Just to knock that woolly again there was one in the driveway that was almost totally black, and one on the walkway that was half and half. So what's your forecast from those two data points?
Wooly bears on walkway=trying to get warm. Means where it was is now getting cold. Cold means winter is on the way. That puts us back to your post with the weather map. So it isn't their coloring, it is their activity predicting the weather!;lol Best to be checking your winter supplies and gear. By the way, pie is my favorite. Either blueberry or apple. I like a nice chunk of sharp cheddar with the apple pie.

We watch the Flicker tail woodpeckers eat the woollys. Pumpkin honey pie, fresh apple crisp or Dutch apple on my top pie list, go great with a scoop of cinnamon ice cream.

Status
Not open for further replies.